When marriages or parenting relationships fail, unique legal issues must be resolved.
Nelson Mullins provides experienced lawyers for the often challenging areas of family law, including divorce or dissolution of marriages, and other family law matters, such as prenuptials, trust and estate litigation, drafting of wills and trusts, and tax and real estate issues.
Every family law matter requires careful assessment of facts and the law and strategic planning to resolve objectives. Our lawyers strategize and seek approaches resulting in fair and equitable results, particularly when complicated assets and finances or contests regarding the best interests of children are involved. In contested litigation, our lawyers apply their knowledge of the law and skills to advocate the interests of clients in the family and other courts.
Our attorneys work diligently with clients to try to resolve these matters through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitrating, recognizing most involved in this highly emotional arena want privacy and creative solutions. We want clients to be informed and educated, to preserve dignity and civility, and to make the best possible decisions under difficult circumstances.
The Firm's family law attorneys approach this area of law as a business problem and apply business solutions to the financial situations that often arise in high asset divorce cases.
Family law matters almost always involve other areas of the law, such as closely held businesses, taxes, and interests in real property. When needed, our family law attorneys make available to clients the experience and resources of the Firm’s other practice areas.
Our family law attorneys provide representation in:
- Probate and trust litigation
- Divorce or dissolution of marriage
- Division of assets (particularly when complicated, extensive or complex assets are involved)
- Spousal support and alimony
- Custody and matters related to care, welfare and best interests of minor children
- Child support
- Domestic Violence
- Enforcement of Family Court orders , judgments, and decrees
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements and litigation related thereto
- Tax and real estate services related to family law matters
- General counsel and advice to businesses impacted by pending family law matters