Franchise and Distribution Litigation
- developing and enforcing the contractual provisions that form the basis for the franchise relationship
- franchise termination litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- buyouts of franchisees
- developing franchise programs
- preparing franchise offering circulars in compliance with state and federal law and registering the sale of franchises with state authorities
- developing franchises and initiating business operations
- advising companies in the site selection, acquisition, development, and construction/remodeling of franchise locations
- franchise agreement negotiations
Franchise businesses encompass the hospitality industry, including restaurants and fast food establishments; automotive manufacturers and distributors; optical shops; athletic facilities; and amateur and professional sports leagues.
In addition, our attorneys prepared papers for the American Bar Association's Task Force on Franchise Litigation and Regulation, and one Firm attorney served as a state franchise regulator prior to joining the Firm.
By virtue of this representation, along with general litigation experience, Firm attorneys can handle franchise litigation in multiple industries.
Franchise experience also is available to clients in the form of counseling as to methods of avoiding or minimizing potential claims, procedures that will assist in the defense of future claims, and compliance with federal and state regulations applicable to franchises.