Nelson Mullins has nationally recognized litigation experience in a wide spectrum of practice areas, including commercial litigation, toxic torts, employment litigation, products liability litigation, class action lawsuits, contract disputes, corporate takeovers, professional liability issues, business securities, and financial fraud. Firm attorneys represent clients in courtrooms throughout America and have argued cases in most U.S. Courts of Appeal and in the U.S. Supreme Court. As a corollary to the Firm's active trial practice, Nelson Mullins is also experienced in alternative dispute resolution and appellate work.
Drawing upon this broad range of experience and the depth of the Firm’s litigation resources, Nelson Mullins serves as national litigation counsel for a number of clients, including:
- National counsel for certain types of franchise litigation for a major automobile manufacturer.
- National coordinating counsel for both a national chemical company and a national siding manufacturer in all of their asbestos litigation.
- National outside counsel and lead trial counsel for a publicly-held insurance software developer.
- National counsel for a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in claims involving selected drugs.
- National coordinating counsel for high exposure premises liability cases for a major hotel chain.
- National product counsel for a large appliance manufacturer.
Consistent with Nelson Mullins’ presence in a number of commercial centers throughout the Southeast, the Firm serves as regional litigation counsel for clients in a number of industries, including medical devices, consumer products, franchise, and automotive manufacturers.
Some examples of Nelson Mullins' litigation experience includes the following practice areas:
- Advertising Law
- Automotive and Truck Products
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services Litigation
- Consumer Product Safety, Risk Prevention, and Regulatory Practice
- E-Discovery and Litigation Readiness
- Franchise and Distribution
- Government Investigations and White Collar Defense
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
- Pharmaceutical and medical device
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Torts, including Business and Toxic Torts and RICO Claims
- Unfair Competition
In addition, a division of the Firm, Encompass, specializes in providing discovery and review counsel services. Encompass works with firm litigation attorneys to efficiently and economically provide eDiscovery and document review services on litigation matters for our clients. Encompass also serves as enterprise eDiscovery and review counsel to Fortune 200 clients and clients in heavily regulated industries. In this role, the Encompass team partners with in-house clients and case counsel to help develop defensible practices upfront and to help bring consistency, repeatability, and predictability to clients across the various matters they may face.
Encompass attorneys advocate on the front-end to help right-size the scope of discovery to the true needs of the case. Then, the team implements project management and strategic staffing practices and uses advanced technology to perform discovery-related reviews from dedicated review centers in Columbia SC and Nashville TN that have the capacity to seat over 300 review professionals. Reviews for clients have spanned multiple continents, involved diverse, foreign language requirements, and included these project types for large-scale reviews: US and foreign government investigations, internal investigations, and a range of litigation types (including commercial, patent, product liability, and arbitration). As a division of the Firm, Encompass provides services with law firm accountability and with client service relationship models that use predictable fee structures.