Private Equity and Venture Capital
Nelson Mullins has an active team of lawyers who assist private equity clients with their transactional needs and are dedicated to providing efficient and effective solutions to complex problems. We represent private equity and venture capital funds, financial institutions, and other private investors in fund formation, venture capital investments, leveraged finance, mergers and acquisitions, and recapitalizations. We also provide transactional and general corporate advice to portfolio companies with experience in the technology, telecommunications, financial institutions, real estate, and health care industries.
Our attorneys have experience advising, structuring, and implementing acquisitions and investments that are innovative and value-driven. With over 400 attorneys, we are able to deploy lawyers well-versed in all the legal aspects of transactions including tax, executive compensation, ERISA, labor, intellectual property, real estate, and environmental law and provide clients with a fully-integrated approach to all of their transactions. Our experience in the various legal aspects of transactions allows us to bring the full resources of the Firm to drafting and negotiating transactions agreements.
Private Equity and Venture Capital Transactions
Our team has been involved in all aspects of private equity and venture capital transactions, including assisting our clients with:
- Structuring funds to satisfy securities law requirements and optimize tax efficiency
- Forming offshore feeder funds to parallel the economics of the master onshore fund
- Preparing all necessary documentation, including the private placement memorandum, limited and general partnership agreements, and subscription booklet
- Advising on “market” management fees and performance allocations;
- Determining and tracking investor qualifications and contributions;
- Assisting clients in developing and implementing growth strategies, whether by means of additional rounds of outside or inside investment, mergers and acquisitions, or initial and subsequent public offerings of their stock