Professionals who are involved in lawsuits have particular needs that differ from other clients. Firm attorneys are sensitive to the fact that reputations, as well as personal finances, are at stake. Therefore, the Firm provides aggressive representation at both the trial and appellate levels. Our clients include directors and officers, medical professionals, accountants, attorneys, brokers, and engineers.
A major thrust of our practice in this area is providing professionals with the day-to-day legal counsel they need in order to avoid lawsuits. A lengthy history of representing officers and directors and others involved in professional liability disputes has provided our attorneys with knowledge and experience in this area.
Selected representation includes:
- representing the former directors of a major Savings and Loan in an action by the RTC for breach of fiduciary duty
- representing the director and officers of five nursing homes who were sued by a shareholder for breach of fiduciary duty
- representing the former Chairman and CEO of a major thrift in an action by the RTC for breach of fiduciary duty
- preparing and implementing detailed indemnification agreements between companies, their directors, and senior officers
- defending claims against attorneys, insurance agents, and real estate agents
- counseling numerous companies on issues of corporate governance
- serving companies as general counsel and corporate secretary with responsibility for corporate governance, officers and directors liability, securities law, and corporate finance issues
- representing officer and director claims in connection with shareholder "squeeze out" litigation, securities litigation, and other areas.