Ann E. Murray
201 17th Street NW, Suite 1700
Atlanta, GA 30363
Ann Murray is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP's Atlanta office where she practices in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation. She previously served as in-house benefits counsel for a publicly-traded company, so she is able to provide clients with a business-oriented and practical approach to help them stay in compliance with the ever-changing rules.
Ms. Murray’s clients include private and public employers, brokers and individuals. She assists her clients with all types of HR and benefits-related matters, including those relating to:
- qualified retirement plans (401(k), 403(b), ESOP, pension), including fiduciary obligations with respect to plan investments;
- health, life, disability, and other welfare benefits, including ERISA, ACA and HIPAA compliance;
- stock options, restricted stock and other equity incentive programs;
- deferred compensation rules;
- employment, change-in-control, bonus and other executive compensation arrangements;
- short and long-term incentives; and
- HR-compliance matters, such as payroll taxes, worker classification and data protection.
Ms. Murray also advises buyers and sellers regarding the HR and benefits risks and concerns involved in the purchase or sale of a business. She is involved with our venture capital and lending practices in assessing the potential impact of ERISA and Internal Revenue Code requirements on offerings and loans. She is a regular speaker on various topics, with recent presentations on the ACA, HIPAA & Data Breaches, Fiduciary Compliance of Investment Committees, and On-Site Clinics.