- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Shane G. Ramsey
150 Fourth Avenue, North
Nashville, TN 37219
Shane Ramsey is the Vice Chair of the Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group. Mr. Ramsey regularly represents committees of unsecured creditors, indenture trustees, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, bondholders, noteholders, liquidation trustees, plan administrators, disbursing agents, and other entities in bankruptcy reorganizations, liquidation proceedings, and bankruptcy related litigation.
Mr. Ramsey also has experience handling complex civil litigation matters in both state and federal courts and in alternative dispute resolution settings, including arbitration and mediation. His business litigation experience includes contract disputes, business torts, breach of fiduciary duties, officer and director liabilities, and other general litigation matters.
Representative Matters – Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
- In re The Celotex Corporation. Represented the Celotex Asbestos Settlement Trust established pursuant to the Chapter 11 plan of reorganization for The Celotex Corporation to satisfy asbestos-related personal injury and property damage claims against The Celotex Corporation. In re Celotex Corp. (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Filed Oct. 1990)
- In re Colt Holding Company, LLC, et al. Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 cases of firearms manufacturer with more than $100 million of secured debt and $250 million of unsecured debt. In re Colt Holding Co., LLC, et al., Case No. 15-11296-LSS (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re American Apparel, Inc., et al. Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors for clothing retailer and wholesaler employing more than 4,600 workers in and around downtown Los Angeles (and 8,500 employees worldwide). Debtors listed approximately $200 million in assets and $398 million in liabilities as of the petition date. In re American Apparel, Inc., No. 15-12055 (Bankr. D. Del.)
Representative Matters – Business and Complex Litigation
- Represented an EPC contractor in a $1.6 billion federal court litigation relating to the construction of four grassroots nuclear power plant units (the first nuclear construction in the United States in the last 30 years).
- Represented litigation trustee in suit brought in federal district court against the FDIC concerning the disputed ownership of a $45 million tax refund.
- Represented litigation trustee in suit brought in federal district court against directors and officers of bank holding company for breaches of fiduciary duty.
- "What you Need to Know to Avoid Workout Payments as Preferential Transfers," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal (Fall, 2016)
- “A Roadmap to Non-assignability of Trade Secret Licenses,” 33 American Bankruptcy Institute Journal 36 (November 1, 2014)
- “Payment of Indenture Trustee Fees and Expenses in Bankruptcy,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal (June 1, 2014)
- "An Update on Recent Legal Developments Affecting Indenture Trustees and Investors,” American Bar Association’s Section of Business Law Annual Meeting (Sept. 9, 2016)
- “Restructurings in Bank Holding Companies,” AIRA Annual Bankruptcy & Restructuring Conference (June 6, 2014)
- “Recent Case Law Development in Tax Disputes Between the FDIC and Bank Holding Companies,” Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors Webinar (March 12, 2014)
- “The Imperishable Hostess Brands, Inc.,” Turnaround Management Association Annual Conference (October 3, 2013)
- “Financial Advisors’ Toolbox - Maximizing Value in the World of Liquidations,” AIRA Annual Brankruptcy & Restructuring Conference (June 5, 2013)
- “From Distress to Success: The Timeline of a Turnaround,” Turnaround Management Association, (October 12, 2012)
- “An Update on Recent Legal Developments Affecting Indenture Trustees and Investors,” American Bar Association’s Section of Business Law Annual Meeting (Sept. 9, 2016)