Our attorneys have extensive experience in counseling employers with regard to corporate reorganizations and reductions in force, including:
- Minimizing the risk of claims of disparate impact or treatment based on race, age, gender, national origin or other protected status, resulting from reorganizations or reductions in force.
- Analysis of the selection of employees for termination, including statistical and individual comparative analyses to minimize the risk of legal claims and disruption.
- Designing severance policies and early retirement and exit incentive plans to minimize the risk of legal claims and disruption.
- Compliance with federal and state laws governing reorganizations and reductions in force, including the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act and the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act.
- Preparing severance packages for discharged workers.
- Addressing security and sabotage issues.
- All other aspects of corporate reorganizations and reductions in force.
Click here for more information about Nelson Mullins’ employment and labor law practice.