Attorneys in Practice
Articles & Speeches
- For more than a decade Nelson Mullins has served as national product liability counsel for one of the nation's largest manufacturers of home appliances. In this capacity, the firm handles all of the client's product cases throughout the country for six different product lines.
- Nelson Mullins serves many roles for a worldwide manufacturer of a pharmaceutical drug alleged to have caused breast cancer. In addition to serving as trial counsel in some of the most notorious jurisdictions in the country, our attorneys also lead inter-firm teams of attorneys reviewing scientific issues and working with expert witnesses. Nelson Mullins' history of representation for this client also includes the only state court trial win to-date.
- Nelson Mullins serves as national discovery counsel for a major tire manufacturer, handling all of its discovery related matters across the United States. In addition, the firm also serves as regional trial counsel for its tire products liability matters in the Southeast region. This region spans from South Carolina to Tennessee and Missouri, up to Michigan and includes everything east of there.
- For half a decade, Nelson Mullins has represented one of the nation's large manufacturers as lead counsel against a Fortune 250 component parts manufacturer in a dispute relating to the quality of the component parts. This commercial litigation involves international entities and millions of component parts installed in finished products over a number of years.
- The Firm serves as national counsel in connection with all asbestos claims filed against one of the world's largest manufacturers of building products. In addition to the usual management roles, Nelson Mullins attorneys actively participate in the settlement and resolution of all asbestos claims made against this client, wherever located.
- Nelson Mullins acts as national coordinating counsel for all asbestos litigation involving another leading manufacturer. The Firm also coordinates most of the chronic exposure toxic tort cases on a national basis for this client, and oversees all of its litigation in each jurisdiction to ensure coordinated and consistent trial preparation by all local counsel.
- Nelson Mullins serves as national coordinating counsel for a major medical device company in product liability litigation. That representation includes defending the company in claims related to vascular and urological products such as stents, filters, catheters, and implantable meshes. The firm is presently defending dozens of cases nationwide as part of that representation, and also consults with the company regarding regulatory, compliance, and labeling issues with those products.
- The Firm acts as national trial counsel for one of the largest publicly-traded hotel gaming companies in the country. The Firm coordinates investigative procedures when serious injury or death occurs on the premises. As national trial counsel, the Firm acted as lead trial counsel and obtained a defense verdict in a high profile wrongful death case/serious injuries case in California and Nevada federal and state courts.
- The Firm serves as national counsel for selected drugs and has been called upon to handle various other matters throughout the country for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Litigation support software, developed specifically for this client, is used to assist in the management of the cases.
- Nelson Mullins is one of several law firms representing yet another global corporation on a national basis in the area of asbestos litigation, and has supervised thousands of ongoing cases in this capacity. The Firm has taken a national role in trying large, consolidated cases, as well as settling thousands of cases in jurisdictions all over the country.
- The Firm represents on a national basis a global supplier of specialized building products in its benzene litigation and related matters.
- The Firm represents a leading automobile manufacturer in various dealer, business and product cases on a multi-regional basis.
- Other sample representations:
- National and regional counsel for several leading hotel chains.
- Regional counsel for a major truck manufacturer in defense of breach of warranty and personal injury claims.
- Represented a major sporting goods manufacturer in the defense of personal injury claims brought by a professional athlete.
- Represent several manufacturers of heavy equipment related to accidents at construction sites.
- Regional counsel for a major consumer and commercial hand tools manufacturer.
- National counsel for a seller of manufactured housing, recently achieving a favorable settlement of 10,000 claims pending in a multi-district litigation proceeding
Click here to return to the Product Liability, Counseling, and Reporting home page.